Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yo-la!




Hey everyone, I'm Cody. I'm a 22-year-old Yank and recent college grad from Oregon. I graduated in June and bought a one way ticket to South America to fulfill the explorer in me. I started in Brazil, then made my way down here to Argentina. I was quite the nomad until I got to Buenos Aires, and then all of a sudden I had a hard time leaving. Apparently that's quite the normal gringo story. A one week stint in BsAs turns into a month, then a year.

Either way, when I arrived I posted on Craigslist to try to trade English lessons for Spanish lessons. While I was skimming the pages I found this opportunity! I get to learn Spanish through Bueno, entonces... in exchange for writing a blog about my experiences with the product. Seeing as I would be blogging anyways, it was win-win for me. So, today is day 1. I'm excited to not only improve my Spanish through an interactive program that goes at my pace, but also to share with you guys my experiences with the product and the way I incorporate it into communicating in the streets on a daily basis. Before this, I took two years of Spanish language courses in college, but I was always unimpressed and over the typical regurgitation of information that was taught in the large classroom setting. Also, it is very difficult to learn a language 50 minutes a day, 4 days a week. You go to class, you speak for a little, then you walk outside and speak in English all day. This is a great opportunity for me, because I get to take a Spanish course and walk outside, speak Spanish, and use what I have learned in an everyday setting.

That's why I jumped at this opportunity. I really don't think there will be anything more beneficial to learning the Spanish language than taking a course while in a place where it is the native language. So here I am! All is go!

No comments:

Post a Comment